Re: can we disable the bounce kicker? Re: confirm <string>

On Friday, September 23, 2016 04:15:23 PM Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 09/10/2016 05:34 PM, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > The "[Python-modules-team]" thing in the subject is probably enough to
> > break the DKIM signature.
>
> I don't believe DKIM signature is done on the header+body. If I'm not
> mistaking, it's done only in the body of the mail, because each SMTP
> server on the way to your inbox can add a "Received:" field, so you can
> trace the email.
>
> So yes, footers in emails can break stuff, but not mangling subject,
> which is part of the metadata.

Not correct.  In DKIM there is a header hash and a body hash that are
calculated separately.  If either changes, then signature verification will
fail.

You can control which header fields are included, but ~everyone includes
subject.

Scott K