Re: can we disable the bounce kicker? Re: confirm <string>

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 04:15:19PM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:

> > AFAIK, Gmail does not bounce spam. It rejects messages with broken
> > DKIM signatures.
>
> no. it rejects (yes technically not bounce, the mails are rejected in
> the smtp session to gmails MX servers) mails as
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/python-modules-team/2016-September/033740.html
> which never reached my inbox (not even in the spam folder)

Fine, but it is yet to be seen that the quoted message is rejected for
being "spam" (which is not an exact science), it could also be rejected
for having a broken DKIM signature (which may be checked automatically),
as the email is clearly modified by the list server.

The "[Python-modules-team]" thing in the subject is probably enough to
break the DKIM signature.

We should really not be sending messages having broken signatures to
the outside world, including our own email inboxes.

And email users subscribed to one or more mailing lists should really
use email filters to filter email, not rely on this obnoxious subject
munging.

More to the point, when you subscribe to a mailing list, you should be
ready to accept all messages from such mailing list, not accept some
messages and reject others.

Thanks.