on keep providing python 2 packages

I got a feeling we are somehow discouraging the introduction of
python2 package in unstable (it was also discussed at the BoF).

while i can see why we dont want to introduce new python2-only
package, i feel that just providing a py3k pkg while the module is
also py2 compatible is a disservice to our users: wether we like it or
not, python 2 is the de facto interpreter for python and not having a
module available will not just make everyone switch to py3k (i already
faced it a couple of times already, where i needed a module to extend
an already existing project, and it was not there)

does anyone else agrees with this view? should we clarify that, when
available, python2 modules must be provided (along with their py3k)?

apps/scripts are fine being py3k by default, but the underlying
modules has to be provided by for py2 if compatible.

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/