Re: on keep providing python 2 packages

Hi all,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 08:19:46AM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> does anyone else agrees with this view? should we clarify that, when
> available, python2 modules must be provided (along with their py3k)?

I disagree with the “must” wording.

For example, I have a module (which supports both Python 2 and 3), but
the only user of this module is an app (which is Python 3 only).

What’s the point of shipping the Python 2 version of that module then?

In my opinion, we should neither encourage nor discourage shipping the
Python 2 version, and let the maintainer make the decision.

--
Dmitry Shachnev