Re: using git-dpm or plain git-buildpackage in PAPT and DPMT

> Anyway, +1 from me to switch to git-buildpackage and in fact among the
> python-django maintainers we are close to decide to switch back to
> git-buildpackage because it's really horrible to use when you want to
> merge across branches of different releases.

Have people here seen the following thread on debian-devel?

Subject: "[ANNOUNCE] git-series: track changes to a patch series over
time"

Might be worth looking at this thread, even if the conclusion is that
this is not a good solution (actually I don't really understand it and
haven't time to understand it).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>