Re: using git-dpm or plain git-buildpackage in PAPT and DPMT

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 at 09:29:13 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2016, at 12:12 AM, Simon McVittie wrote:
> >where all Debian-specific pseudo-headers appear at the end of the diff
> >(next to the Signed-off-by if any),
>
> Did you mean to say "end of the diff headers"?

Yes, that's what I should have written. It needs to look like the
Signed-off-by on a conventional git patch submission.

> the DEP-3 headers are *before* the actual diff, separated from the diff
> headers by a blank line.

Separated by a line containing exactly "---" (which is mandated by DEP-3
and is one of several syntaxes accepted by git-am), but yes. Here's a
typical real-world example:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/flatpak.git/tree/debian/patches/debian/Try-gtk-3.0-version-of-the-icon-cache-utility-first.patch