Re: Is pristine-tar failing just for me?

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016, Nikolaus Rath wrote:

Hello,

Whenever I use pristine-tar, I'm getting the following warning:

| warning: pristine-gz cannot reproduce build of [whatever].orig.tar.gz; storing 85% size diff in delta
| (Please consider filing a bug report so the delta size can be improved.)

I've reported this as a bug, but since pristine-tar is unmaintained I
don't except any quick fix.

I saw this a few months ago and filed https://bugs.debian.org/805488 after a bit of debugging -- it seems like it's specifically the result of uscan / mk-origtargz calling gzip --rsyncable, and pristine-tar not knowing how to handle that. Probably it's the same thing; you can try by manually un-gzipping and redoing with regular gzip.

--
Geoffrey Thomas
https://ldpreload.com