Is pristine-tar failing just for me?

Hello,

Whenever I use pristine-tar, I'm getting the following warning:

| warning: pristine-gz cannot reproduce build of [whatever].orig.tar.gz; storing 85% size diff in delta
| (Please consider filing a bug report so the delta size can be improved.)

I've reported this as a bug, but since pristine-tar is unmaintained I
don't except any quick fix.

However, I am wondering: am I the only one who sees this, or do other
people here have the same issue?

The most recent example is the python-llfuse tarball. It is generated by
uscan after filtering out non-DFSG files.

Best,
-Nikolaus