Re: Is pristine-tar failing just for me?

On Mar 09, 2016, at 11:21 AM, Nikolaus Rath wrote:

>Whenever I use pristine-tar, I'm getting the following warning:
>
>| warning: pristine-gz cannot reproduce build of [whatever].orig.tar.gz; storing 85% size diff in delta
>| (Please consider filing a bug report so the delta size can be improved.)
>
>I've reported this as a bug, but since pristine-tar is unmaintained I
>don't except any quick fix.
>
>However, I am wondering: am I the only one who sees this, or do other
>people here have the same issue?
>
>The most recent example is the python-llfuse tarball. It is generated by
>uscan after filtering out non-DFSG files.

I think saw it the other day on python-virtualenv, which also filters out
non-DFSG files.  I don't remember seeing it on python-colorama or python-pip
(which doesn't mean it didn't happen ;).  It was just a warning and didn't
seem to affect anything so I ignored it.  Maybe I shouldn't have.

Cheers,
-Barry