Re: Updating python-django-tagging

On Mar 06, 2016, at 01:12 PM, Christopher Baines wrote:

>However, git-dpm keeps complaining in different ways when I try to do
>this (and I have tried a few different ways). I think the source of the
>issues I am having could be that the debian/.git-dpm file is out of sync
>with the rest of the repository (it seems to still refer to the 0.3.1
>version, whereas the current version is 0.4).
>
>What is the best approach here if I am trying to update the package? I
>can try and fix the debian/.git-dpm file (manually or using some tool?),
>or I could just avoid using git-dpm (but I do need to do some patch
>changes)?

I don't really have any good suggestions.  I've had some weird problems with
git-dpm occasionally and no real solutions.  For example, it kept wanting to
turn a certain git commit in the patched branch into a double quilt patch, and
nothing I did seemed to work (I ended up giving up).

In some of my non-team packages I've been trying to use gbp-pq more.  It seems
not terrible, and at least it's maintained.  Is it time to consider switching?
Perhaps just on a trial basis?  When git-dpm works, it does work well.

Cheers,
-Barry