Updating python-django-tagging

Hello,

I have been looking at updating the python-django-tagging package, as it
currently fails to build from source, and there is a new upstream
release available (that I believe will fix this).

However, git-dpm keeps complaining in different ways when I try to do
this (and I have tried a few different ways). I think the source of the
issues I am having could be that the debian/.git-dpm file is out of sync
with the rest of the repository (it seems to still refer to the 0.3.1
version, whereas the current version is 0.4).

What is the best approach here if I am trying to update the package? I
can try and fix the debian/.git-dpm file (manually or using some tool?),
or I could just avoid using git-dpm (but I do need to do some patch
changes)?

Thanks,

Chris