Re: RFS: twistar (Was: Request to join)

I've packaged Twitter already, but I'm in need of a sponsor since I'm a DM only.

I've uploaded the twistar packaging to Alioth,
it's at
git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/twistar.git. I've
used the default git-dpm branch names (master, upstream and
pristine-tar). I noticed there is some discussion on this list on branch
names, but I've followed the now-official
https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging.

The module is Python 2 only. Upstream doesn't support Python 3, and
since twisted (the major dependency of twistar) is Python 2-only in
Debian (AFAIK), it wouldn't make much sense anyway.

The package builds correctly with pbuilder in a clean sid chroot,
without lintian errors (some pedantic and experimental comments).

I'd appreciate if one of the more experienced developers from the team
would take a look at the package and I look forward to your comments,
and to working togethers to get this package and (later) the denyhosts
synchronisation server into Debian.

Cheers

Jan-Pascal

-----

>From the ITP:

* Package name : python-twistar
Version : 1.3
Upstream Author : Brian Muller <bamuller@gmail.com>
* License : MIT, BSD-derived
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Python ORM library for the Twisted framework

Twistar is a Python implementation of the active record pattern (also
known as
an object-relational mapper or ORM) that uses the Twisted framework’s RDBMS
support to provide a non-blocking interface to relational databases.

Twistar is a dependency for denyhosts-server, see its ITP, bug #800630