Re: RFS: twistar (Was: Request to join)

On Jan 04, 2016, at 04:41 AM, Giovanni Pellerano wrote:

>i was reading https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2015/10/msg00267.html
>while working on GlobaLeaks (https://github.com/globaleaks/GlobaLeaks)
>and evaluate it's adoption as replacement for python-storm that
>appears not to be an abandoned software :(

I don't know anything about twistar, but I do think Storm is effectively
abandoned.  I'm not sure twistar is in better shape, given that the last PyPI
release is 2013, although there are a few commits to upstream's GitHub in
2015.

I think SQLAlchemy or SQLObject are generally considered best-in-breed of the
Python ORMs.  (FWIW, GNU Mailman 3 core is Python 3 and was ported to SA last
year.)

>I would support the packaging of twistar for debian; is there stil
>lthe possibility if packaged readly to have it in the upcoming debian
>stretch/ubuntu xenial?

I can't say whether it's worth it or not, but yes, there is probably time to
package it up and get it through NEW for stretch and xenial, if you can find a
sponsor (I'm not volunteering ;).

Cheers,
-Barry