Re: Python Policy

thanks a lot for preparing all this.

On 10/20/2015 10:53 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> +DPMT requires upstream tarballs; releases cannot be made from upstream git
> +repositories directly.  This is because PyPI contains upstream tarballs, and
> +tarballs are what we upload to the Debian archive.

i find the justification a bit weird: "no releases can be made from
upstream git because some upstreams use tarballs"?

in any case, i don't think that there is actually a need for the policy
to justify the decision to require tarballs (let's put that in the wiki
for those interested).

gfmsadr
IOhannes