Re: Python Policy

[Barry Warsaw, 2015-10-20]
> I also think it would be fine to *eventually* merge the two teams.  I suspect
> there isn't really much benefit to keeping them separate and a lot of
> unnecessary cost.  Is there anybody on PAPT who doesn't want to be on DPMT?

/me puts his PAPT admin hat on

WHAT? You want us to learn about all these weird package name rules? All
these transitions? All these so name abi ext whatever weird tags? GO AWAY!

/me puts his DPMT admin hat on

WHAT? Do you know these guys despise our belowed dist-packages? And they
have weird package names that do not start with python-! GO AWAY!

;P

> I'm not sure I'd go as far as MUST, but aside from that, there's no inherent
> reason IMHO why these two policies and procedures couldn't co-exist within the
> same team.

DPMT is already too big, please don't add applications to make it even
more complicated

--
evil general Piotr