Re: Enabling Python bindings for jellyfish

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 12:56:20PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> I think the respective maintainers should talk and then discuss with their
> upstreams as the collision potential isn't just in Debian.

I'm chiming in as the (prospective) maintainer of the ITP python-jellyfish
package, just to note that I have discussed it with Andreas [1] and fully
agreed to rename "my" package. The choice of name was due to not being aware
of the Python bindings on the existing DNA-jelyfish package (and in part also
due to my inexperience on these matters), and I have contacted upstream
earlier today in the hopes of coming up with a good alternative name.

I'd be happy to follow up on the discussion with upstream once I get a reply,
in order to find out if he would be open to solving the conflict at a "higher"
level.

Best regards,

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=806716#42
--
Diego M. Rodriguez
36B3 42A9 9F2F 2CFB F79B  FF9B B6C4 B901 06BC E232