Re: Adopting factory-boy

On 12/19/2015 07:06 PM, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 11:34:15AM +0000, Christopher Baines wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> The source package can be found here [3], would it be best to try to
>> continue with the history in that repository and bring it in to
>> compliance with the team policy (use pristine-tar, use upstream tarballs
>> to advance the upstream branch and use git-dpm), or to just start from
>> scratch?
>
> Of course it would be better to preserve the changes history.
>
> Basically you need to push the “debian/unstable” branch to the new repository
> as “master”, add missing “upstream” and “pristine-tar” branches, and call
> “git-dpm init”.
>
> Your upstream branch should be based on commit ac7e11a3389f15bb, so that git
> can handle the merge correctly.
>
> --
> Dmitry Shachnev

Hi Christopher,

I was the maintainer of this package, though I lost interest for it
because there's no reverse dependency for it.

If you want to continue maintaining it within the OpenStack PKG team,
you can do it as well. Though we're not using git-dpm, and rather a git
tag workflow, you're still free to use whatever workflow you want there,
as long as the package is well maintained.

If you need sponsoring for this package, I can review it and upload it
for you.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)