Adopting factory-boy

I use python-factory-boy [1] and recently realised that it was removed
from Debian [2]. The reasoning being that it is no longer a dependency
of some OpenStack packages.

I use this (currently through a package of the latest upstream release
created with py2dsc), and would be interested in getting this back in to
Debian.

Currently I am not a member of the Python modules team (request
pending), but I would be interested in maintaining it as part of the team.

The source package can be found here [3], would it be best to try to
continue with the history in that repository and bring it in to
compliance with the team policy (use pristine-tar, use upstream tarballs
to advance the upstream branch and use git-dpm), or to just start from
scratch?

Thanks,

Chris

1: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/factory-boy