Re: git migration (AKA missing old good svn days)

On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:05:19 PM Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> [Barry Warsaw, 2015-09-29]
>
> > On Sep 29, 2015, at 09:46 PM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> > >(and remember to remove DPMT from debian/control if it's not in SVN ;P)
> >
> > Given that the final git migration is imminent (really! otherwise I'm
> > going to scream ;), can we not force people to go through this churn
> > right now?
> but it's OK to force others to search for repo location, used workflow,
> tool, naming convention, etc?
>
> > Yes, let's discourage any new packages from manually migrating or starting
> > out in git just until flag day.  But I'm not sure it's worth removing
> > DPMT on existing repos just to add it back, hopefully RSN.
>
> we agreed to something - 1 package per person, just for tests, with
> reports sent to this mailing list. Can you point me to a single report?
> Can you point me to a single person who converted only one package?
> Are you sure everyone uses the same workflow?
>
> I don't like it, I don't like it at all and that's why I complain and
> that's why I don't sponsor such packages.

I did do tests.  I never pushed the results to alioth since I didn't really
see a point at the time.  I gave feedback on the list that resulted in changes
to the team git-dpm configurations so the correct tag format would be used.
Maybe some other stuff too.

Scott K