Re: Packaging the Jupyter project suite

Hi,

Le 19/09/2015 07:44, Stuart Prescott a écrit :
thanks for looking at Jupyter notebooks for us!

No problem.

Remember that ipython is already in Debian and already has an active
maintainer (Julian Taylor). He might already have started work on jupyter
too since he may well feel that it's already his responsibility to continue
maintaining it. In any case, I would encourage you to reach out to him to
see if you can work together on this venture. I suspect that Jupyter is one
of those packages where the more people working on it the better as it looks
like it's going to be a lot of hard work.

I wrote to him some days ago -- but I fear he isn't that active with IPython these days...

It shouldn't be that much hard work... but then I've been trying to package sagemath in the debian-science team since something like two or three years, so maybe I'm spoilt.

Still, some help would be nice (mentoring, sponsoring -- or even packaging some parts!)

Snark on #debian-python