Re: cairocffi possible FTBFS

On 19/07/15 10:12, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
>> I am not quite sure what to do about this, I assume this must be a
>> common issue?
>>
>>    dh_sphinxdoc -O--buildsystem=pybuild
>> dh_sphinxdoc: ignoring unknown JavaScript code:
>> debian/python-cairocffi-doc/usr/share/doc/python-cairocffi-doc/html/_static/underscore-1.3.1.js
>> dh_sphinxdoc: error: unknown JavaScript code:
>> debian/python-cairocffi-doc/usr/share/doc/python-cairocffi-doc/html/_static/jquery.js
>
> underscore-1.3.1.js file is in Sphinx source, but we do not ship it in Debian.
> Do you have a custom Sphinx installation (i.e. from PyPI) somewhere?

Yes, that was it. I had forgotten that I had done that on this machine.
I now have it building properly.

Second question, I would like to work on updating this package to the
latest upstream release. Assuming that the original uploader is not
doing, or planning to do this shortly?

If this is not the case, I am beginning to work out Debian packaging
stuff in git, so I would much rather use those associated tools. I see
that there is a wiki page on this here [1], would it be possible to
avoid using svn?

1: https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging