Re: Source package name with "python-" or without?

On 06/08/2015 08:13 AM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> [Tim Landscheidt, 2015-06-08]
>> Should source package names ("Source:" in debian/control) be
>> prefixed with "python-"?
>
> no.
>
> I use "python-" prefix for source package name only if the name is
> not unique enough.

I have the opposite view, and I very much prefer to prefix with
"python-" all of the source packages I upload, when that's a python
module (I don't do that for applications).

One very good reason for this is sorting the files when you do "ls", or
in your QA page, on gitweb/cgit, etc. Also, not polluting the general
namespace is a good idea.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)