Re: Python packaging help.

On 31/03/15 09:44, Balasankar C wrote:
Hi,
One more doubt. Where are new packages uploaded to in Python Modules
Team? Is there a git repo or should I upload to Debian Mentors? I am
asking this because, in Ruby team, the uploads usually happen to the
git repos created inside pkg-ruby-extras folder in git.debian.org. I
found a python-modules folder there. Can I use that?
If no, what should be the Vcs-Browser and Vcs-Git fields set to?

Hello,

The recommended hosting place is the shared Subversion repository with the use of svn-buildpackage.

As Zygmunt pointed out, the informations are on:
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam

You will need an Alioth account and have it added to the team to get access.

There is also a bunch of git repositories, though the team does not yet recommend to use it.

http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/

The repos creation would be (with an alioth account in the team project)

  ssh git.debian.org
  cd /git/python-modules
  ./setup-repository 'python-wget' 'python-wget packaging'

That should yields an empty repository you can push to using git-buildpackage and the remote URL:

 ssh://git.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/python-wget.git

And then in debian/control you would set:

Vcs-Browser: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/packages/python-wget.git
Vcs-Git: git://anonscm.debian.org/python-modules/packages/python-wget.git

cheers,

--
Antoine Musso