Re: Python packaging help.

> My name is Balasankar C. I am writing a module in Python and want to
> package that for Debian. So, just to understand how packaging in python
> work, I decided to package the module 'wget'. From my knowledge in
> Ruby gem
> packaging, I tried to package wget and pushed the result to
> https://gitlab.com/balasankarc/python-wget . It has all three branches
> (master, pristine-tar, and upstream).
>
> Can anyone please take a look at it and give me your
> comments on it. I tried to follow the StyleGuide as well as I
> understood it.

Great package! Here are some comments that I have:

d/changelog:
-New packages should close an ITP bug. File one, and then put
"(Closes: #nnnn)" where #nnnn is the number of your bug.

d/control:
-You could add Vcs-Browser and Vcs-Git fields.
-Lintian gives the experimental warnings:
I: python-wget: captitalization-error-in-description python Python
I: python3-wget: captitalization-error-in-description python Python
However, this is a false positive within lintian. You should make a
d/lintian-overrides file to note this.

d/copyright:
-Even if a file is in the public domain, and so has no copyright, you
still need to put the author's name/year in the copyright field.

Other than that, I can't really see any problems. I'm not a DD, so I
can't sponsor your package, but good luck getting it into Debian!

Cheers,

Riley Baird