Re: PyPI and debian/watch

On Feb 04, 2015, at 01:09 AM, Tristan Seligmann wrote:

>The debian/watch file I wrote for python-nacl (which also verifies the
>PGP signature) seems to work. It looks like this:
>
>version=3
>opts="pgpsigurlmangle=s/\#md5.*$/.asc/,filenamemangle=s|.*/(.*)\#md5.*$|$1|" \
> https://pypi.python.org/simple/PyNaCl/
>.*/PyNaCl-(.*)\.(?:zip|tgz|tbz2|txz|tar\.(?:gz|bz2|xz)).*
>
>It's a bit ugly, but it does work.

Yep, thanks.  Sandro also provided a working example in the pypa bitbucket
issue.  Of course I was hand-transcribing the example so it showed me that
even a small typo will break it.  I'd dearly love to have something simple and
understandable that would be less prone to hard to debug cargo cult
transcription errors.  I've been chatting with Donald Stufft on IRC about
possible simplifications for uscan d/watch files.

I'd love to be able to have something as simple as:

version=3
https://pypi.python.org/simple/mypkg/mypkg-(.*).tar.gz

which is close to what most packages probably use today, modulo the base url
path.

I filed a bug against pypa/warehouse so hopefully we can get something better
before Jessie is released (which is when I think there will be more pressure
for a better solution, since most packages won't be updated during the
freeze).

https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/358

Cheers,
-Barry