Re: multiple Python packages in one source

Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> writes:

> Wonder how to do this with dh and pybuild? Would the following be sane?
>
> %:
>         dh $@ --with python2,python3 --buildsystem=pybuild --dir=package1
>         dh $@ --with python2,python3 --buildsystem=pybuild --dir=package2

I would think ‘debian/package1.install’ and ‘debian/package2.install’,
or whatever equivalent Pybuild uses, would be the preferred way.

Unfortunately TTBOMK there is still little newcomer guidance for Pybuild
(and I'm definitely a newcomer). I'd love to know if that's improved!

> Looking at the wheezy version [of ‘python-docutils’], it appears
> debian/rules was written entirely by hand, something I would like to
> try to avoid if possible. It also uses dh_pysupport which is
> considered obsolete.

That doesn't sound like a good example, sorry for the distraction.

--
 \          “Computer perspective on Moore's Law: Human effort becomes |
  `\           twice as expensive roughly every two years.” —anonymous |