recommended numpy dependency ranges?

Hi,

I have a small package the depends on numpy and it recently stopped working.

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/lib/R/site-
library/DEXSeq/python_scripts/dexseq_prepare_annotation.py",
> line 33, in <module>
>     import HTSeq
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/HTSeq/__init__.py", line 9,
> in <module>
>     from _HTSeq import *
>   File "numpy.pxd", line 155, in init HTSeq._HTSeq (src/_HTSeq.c:33074)
> ValueError: numpy.dtype has the wrong size, try recompiling

I'm pretty sure a recompile will fix it, the question I have is how often does
numpy break binary compatibility?

Should set your numpy dependencies to something like:

python-numpy (>= 1.8, < 1.9)

Diane