Re: pbs python

[Brian May, 2014-03-31]
> *If* I wanted to get the following package into Debian:
>
> https://oss.trac.surfsara.nl/pbs_python
>
> What should I do?
>
> It seems to clash with a package of the same name (when labelled according
> to policy anyway) that is very different:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/python-pbs
>
> (I think this might have been renamed recently to python-sh, but can't find
> the reference right now)

no matter what name you'll choose for the binary package (python-pbs
is the best choice, but since it's already taken, I'd use python-pbs-something)...
one of these libraries has to be renamed if you want both in Debian
(current python-pbs provides pbs.py so there will be a file conflict)

> If that is not bad enough, looks like there is another python-bps too:
>
> https://gitorious.org/python-blip
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-bps

it shouldn't be a problem (""pbs" != "bps")