Explanation of tags from Lintian (and Lintian4Python) (was: Packaging review)

Ross Vandegrift <ross@kallisti.us> writes:

> I have a question on one bit of lintian4py output. What should I do
> with this:
>
> e: python-pyocr: missing-dependency-on-byte-compilation-helper
> pycompile => python (>= 2.6.5)
>
> Does this indicate a problem in my Build-Depends on python-all and
> python3-all?

The regular Lintian has ‘lintian-info(1)’ to give a verbose description
of a tag, including recommendations to address the problem which the tag
reports::

    $ lintian-info --tags foo-bar-lintian-tag

I think Lintian4Python installs a ‘lintian4py-info(1)’ command to do the
same thing. You can then get an explanation with::

    $ lintian4py-info --tags missing-dependency-on-byte-compilation-helper

--
 \       “Crime is contagious… if the government becomes a lawbreaker, |
  `\          it breeds contempt for the law.” —Justice Louis Brandeis |