Re: New package python-instagram

Hello Etienne,

first thanks for your review.

Am Freitag, den 21.11.2014, 09:36 +0100 schrieb Etienne Millon:
> * Jörg Frings-Fürst <debian@jff-webhosting.net> [141121 08:43]:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have uploaded a new package to mentors[1..3]: python-instagram.
> >
> > Please can someone reviewe the package?
> >
> > Many thanks.
>
> Hi,
>
> The package seems fine (builds ok, lintian happy, idiomatic pybuild
> etc). Although I am not a DD and cannot sponsor it, I have a few
> remarks:
>
>   - it's simpler if your packaging has the same license as he upstream
>     code. Here in particular your license (GPL3) is less permissive
>     than upstream's (BSD3) so it can causes problems I guess.

I always use GLP-3+ for debian/* and set the license of debian/patches/*
to the license of the source file(s). So I don't see any problems.

>   - debian/python{,3}-instagram.{docs,examples} have trailing empty
>     lines.

Removed.

>   - to get the version from debian/rules I'd suggest using something
>     like "dpkg-parsechangelog|grep ^Version|cut -d' '  -f2"

I will test it.

>   - to make the orig tarball, couldn't you use
>     https://github.com/Instagram/python-instagram/archive/master.tar.gz
>     and a Files-Excluded? That would require a different logic to
>     generate the upstream changelog but would make the repacking
>     logic way easier to read.

I need the commit ID for the version. All tips to get the ID are only
working with a local repository. I know that my scripts are not optimal,
but they works.

>   - is notneededdir/unwantedfiles.* needed ?

Removed.

> I hope you will find a sponsor. Thanks for your hard work!
>
> --
> Etienne Millon

CU
Jörg

--
pgp Fingerprint: 7D13 3C60 0A10 DBE1 51F8  EBCB 422B 44B0 BE58 1B6E
pgp Key: BE581B6E

Jörg Frings-Fürst
D-54526 Niederkail

Threema: SYR8SJXB