Re: Proposed git migration plan

> This discussion has been had many times before over many years. Of late, the

and it was never driven by the problems we have, but just by "oh look
how cool git is", "everybody else is using it, and i'm too lazy to
learn a new tool" arguments.

> difficulty in switching VCS has been the blocker. I don't think there are
> many people who are unconvinced that switching makes sense from a technical
> or workflow perspective. I also don't think there are many people who are
> interested in rehashing the entire discussion yet again. It's almost as
> boring as systemd discussions.

sure, do as you want, git is a great DVCS, and all the other teams are using it

> Subversion lacks features that make packaging work much easier to do. The
> tools shape what you do -- you said that you don't use branches or log much
> and that's going to be partly because they are so crap in svn. In the past,

OTOH don't assume I never used git for packaging; even in that case I
rarely *need* to use log; regarding branching it might be useful for
huge changes (even if I consider it only useful when developing, not
packaging) but the majority - come on - of those dont require
branching (or do you branch to change Standard-Versions, or to update
debian/watch?).

turning down my arguments because "your wf is flawed because you use
crappy tool" is kinda weak but I'll accept it.

Regards,