Re: DebConf14 svn->git migration BOF notes

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014, Stuart Prescott wrote:
> > I've done some personal investigation since the BOF, and am preparing
> > some really simple migration scripts, so we can get a feel for what it
> > will look like. My scripts so far (very very simple)
> > git://git.debian.org/users/stefanor/dpmt-migration.git
>
> is there any reason to use a loop around git-import-dsc rather than git-
> import-dscs --debsnap here?

I haven't looked at stefano's script but git-import-dscs will import all
source packages in a single linear history (importing the packages by
increasing version) and that isn't representative of the true history.

For python-django, I imported all the "normal" versions in the debian/sid
branch but manually imported the "+deb7uX" in a debian/wheezy branch,
the "+squeezeX" in a debian/squeeze branch, etc.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/