Re: Playing with git-dpm

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> So, because of the way I've named the branches, the full invocation is:
>
> $ git-buildpackage -S --git-export-dir=../build-area/ --git-debian-branch=lazr.smtptest --git-upstream-tree=upstream-lazr.smtptest

So --git-export-dir is usally best set in ~/.gbp.conf:
$ cat ~/.gbp.conf
[DEFAULT]
pristine-tar = True
cleaner = /bin/true

[git-buildpackage]
sign-tags = True
export-dir = ../build-area/

For the other two options, the recommended practice is to put them in
debian/gbp.conf but I generally don't do that and just use standard branch
names (master / upstream).

> Thanks for both the recommendation and the fix!  Once the team decides on a
> workflow, will it be feasible to write the equivalent of svn-inject?  Since
> shell access to g.d.o is required it seems like this won't be completely
> self-services, but teammates who are DDs could do it for other folks.

git-import-dsc is your svn-inject, it will put upstream sources in the upstream
branch and will create the master branch based on that with the packaging
changes. But the quilt patches won't be applied after this operation.

I managed to start using git-dpm on a pre-existing repository but it required
an initial "git-dpm init .../mypkg_1.orig.tar.gz" IIRC.

Note that all members of the team automatically have shell access to git.debian.org
(it's just alioth itself).

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/