Re: Playing with git-dpm

Hi Raphael,

On Aug 20, 2014, at 09:21 PM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

>Or you can build the package in another directory, like svn-buildpackage
>does. I'm not sure if git-dpm has something for this but you can
>probably use "git-buildpackage --git-export-dir=../build-area/" in
>combination with git-dpm.

So, because of the way I've named the branches, the full invocation is:

$ git-buildpackage -S --git-export-dir=../build-area/ --git-debian-branch=lazr.smtptest --git-upstream-tree=upstream-lazr.smtptest

I really like gbp (and svn-buildpackage) default of using ../build-area/ and
this works nicely enough that it might be worth adding to git-dpm (or at least
creating another script/alias/config-setting/kludge) to make this work.  It's
a much better solution - thanks!

>I believe that git-dpm can handle any quilt series as input but it will
>always rename it based on the commit after a "checkout-patched".

I think that's right.

>Please do something like this to create new git repositories for
>python-modules:
>$ ssh git.debian.org
>$ cd /git/python-modules
>$ ./setup-repository lazr.smtptest "lazr.smtptest packaging"
>$ exit
>
>It will setup some default hooks to to forward the commit notices where
>appropriate.
>
>(I just did the required configuration for you.)

Thanks for both the recommendation and the fix!  Once the team decides on a
workflow, will it be feasible to write the equivalent of svn-inject?  Since
shell access to g.d.o is required it seems like this won't be completely
self-services, but teammates who are DDs could do it for other folks.

>It's there now. The repository listing is not updated in real time (too
>much I/O involved).

I was afraid of that. ;)

Cheers,
-Barry