Re: Proposed changes to python-virtualenv

On May 29, 2014, at 08:59 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

>I was referring to wheels. It's my understanding that they are primarily for
>platforms without package management.

We use them in the pyvenv solution (and soon in the virtualenv
de-policy-violating solution) because they're the best way (IMHO) of solving
the technical implementation details with devendorizing pip and virtualenv and
their recursive dependencies.  That's why for example, we *don't* use wheels
to devendorize requests or urllib3 when used as a module, but we do use them
in pip within the virtual environment.

-Barry