Re: Embedded six.py in many packages: can someone add a lintian check?

On May 28, 2014, at 03:47 PM, Jakub Wilk wrote:

>* Daniele Tricoli <eriol@mornie.org>, 2014-05-28, 15:36:
>>>txclib -> urllib3 -> six
>>
>>Jakub, which version of urllib3 are you referring to?
>
>The one that is embedded in transifex-client.

That's the problem with vendorizing.  Stuff like that lives in the darkest
recursive corners.

After my experience with bug #732703, I really want to write a PEP titled
something like "You shouldn't vendorize, but if you must...".  I'm just not
yet mentally prepared for a bikeshedding millithread.

-Barry