Re: RFS: Pyspread 0.2.6-1

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 6:27 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2014, at 01:59 PM, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> wrote:
>>> They don't run automatically during package build for either pbuilder or
>>> sbuild afaik, although that would be really nice.
>>
>>No. Autopkgtests are designed to test *installed* packages, which is
>>just not possible to do at build time (i.e. because that requires a
>>different set of dependencies).
>
> Right.  I was just saying that I think it would be nice if sbuild/pbuilder
> could arrange to run run-adt-test with the artifacts of the build installed.
> It's probably a bit tricky to get it right, but not doing so probably means
> that most autopkgtests aren't actually getting run locally before being
> uploaded.

Thanks for the explanation!

You're right, it'd be nice to see autopkgtest integrated with pbuilder
and/or sbuild; it would certainly give autopkgtest more visibility in
Debian. It seems to me that only Ubuntu is taking advantage of it, but
autopkgtest adoption could be sped up a lot more (in both Debian and
Ubuntu) if DDs in general were aware of it and started adding them to
their own packages en masse.

With regards to pyspread...given the discussion above, I don't think
ttf-mscorefonts-installer even belongs in suggests? End users are
usually the only ones that care about suggested packages, and they're
not the ones who are going to be creating or running autopkgtests
anyways.

Regards,
Vincent