Re: Making packaging Python modules fun again (was: Re: Indeed, python-concurrent.futures is the same)

On 2014-01-27 at 00:14:12 +0100, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
> It has been a while since I have been meaning to post a message like this. I

Thanks for writing this

>  - Be more welcoming to newcomers. I think that the "proof of previous work"
>    policy is a hurdle that we would be better off without. The worst that could
>    happen is that someone starts packaging something and then the package
>    languishes in svn.

I don't know about this: in my case the "proof of previous work" was
just a package submitted on mentors, and it was my first package
for debian ever, still not in a great shape, not a big hurdle.

On the other hand, having to declare which packages you intend
to work on when joining the team is probably helping maintaing
the idea that you should only look at your own things and
not dare touch anything else.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''