Re: Set shebang line to default (instead of latest) Python 3 interpreter

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> writes:

> You normally call dh_python3 in binary* targets. (Not sure if that's
> what you're asking, though...)

It was, thank you.

> There's --exclude option that looked promising to me, but it doesn't
> seem to have any effect of shebang rewriting. :/

Darn. Well, that is independent confirmation that ‘dh_python3’ can't do
what I'd hoped for.

> In this case, I think the best you can do is to edit the shebang with
> sed. Adding this after dh_auto_install should do the trick:
>
> 	sed -i -e '1 s,^#!.*,#!/usr/bin/python3,' $(package_install_bin_dir)/python3-coverage

Great, thank you for investigating this package's specific needs to make
that suggestion. I'll try it.

--
 \      “He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his |
  `\                             enemy from oppression.” —Thomas Paine |