Set shebang line to default (instead of latest) Python 3 interpreter

Howdy all,

How can I convince ‘dh_python3’ to set the shebang to the *default*
Python 3 interpreter?

The way the ‘dh_python3’ tool works (by default?), it will write the
shebang with the full “/usr/bin/python3.X” where “3.X” is whichever
version of Python was used to invoke the install.

For bug#736121 <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/736121> I need to convince
the Debian packaging to create a program whose shebang has
‘/usr/bin/python3’, or in some other way get the default Python 3.

The behaviour of ‘dh_python3’ in this regard is pretty hard to follow,
even when I read the source. How can I convince it to use a specific
Python version, or the default Python 3 version, or even a specific
shebang, for writing one particular program?

--
 \       “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Well, I think |
  `\       so, Brain, but ‘apply North Pole’ to what?” —_Pinky and The |