Re: Using git-svn and gbp for DPMT - Was: Re: Joining the DPMT and git.debian.org access

Am 22.01.2014 08:28, schrieb Thomas Goirand:
> On 01/22/2014 12:24 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> Do you really think that it's unfeasible for git proponents on this team to
>> find the necessary resources to plan an orderly en mass transition?  It might
>> indeed be so, we're all busy.  But let's hopefully all agree that the end goal
>> is to have all team-maintained packages in the same vcs.
>
> I can't answer this question, as I can't speak for the others, and I
> don't have time myself.

sure, so you are proposing something which you don't want to finish, just
pursuing a rather selfish interest of using git yourself.  You did try this with
the debian-java team as well.

> Well, if we decide to move slowly things to Git, then the packages that
> will stay in the SVN repo will be those largely unmaintained...

and these will be magically maintained when converted to Git?  please don't be
silly.  unmaintained packages are not a property of the used VCS. And you said
you don't have time to spend on these yourself.

> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=openstack-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
>
> The only reason they are maintained within the OpenStack team is because
> I don't want to be forced to use SVN, and I think it's safer than in
> collab-maint where so many people have commit access (which means they
> can rm -rf...).

apparently these were first needed for openstack. so it seems to make sense to
maintain these over there.

  Matthias