Re: Recommending get-orig-source for packages ?

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 09:07:01PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > I have written <URL:https://wiki.debian.org/BenFinney/software/repack>,
> > do you think that is worth linking to (perhaps if I put it at a
> > different Wiki page) from the Python library style guide?
>
> Can you please confirm that you have realised
>
>    https://wiki.debian.org/UscanEnhancements
>
> and that next version of devscripts will contain an uscan that is able
> to remove files easily without extra scripts?

I think adding a field to ‘debian/copyright’ for that purpose is a bad
idea, so I am unlikely to incorporate that functionality into the
document.

--
 \            “The whole area of [treating source code as intellectual |
  `\    property] is almost assuring a customer that you are not going |