Re: Recommending get-orig-source for packages ?

Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> writes:

> On Dec 05, 2013, at 06:27 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
>
> >Are you expecting ‘debian/repack’ to be significantly different when
> >repacking Python-language packages, as opposed to the general case of
> >repacking an upstream source tarball? What differences would be great
> >enough to warrant a Python-library-specific recipe?
>
> I doubt most packages will need repacking.

Perhaps not most. But I see the proportion of upstream source tarballs
released with non-source files increasing, and hence the need to re-pack
those tarballs increasing.

> I was just thinking a link might be useful for folks landing on the
> LibraryStyleGuide page, but I don't feel strongly about it.

I have written <URL:https://wiki.debian.org/BenFinney/software/repack>,
do you think that is worth linking to (perhaps if I put it at a
different Wiki page) from the Python library style guide?

--
 \          “One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He |
  `\        said, ‘Didn't you see the stop sign?’ I said, ‘Yeah, but I |