Re: Python 3 as default

On Dec 04, 2013, at 06:16 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:

>Why should it be Jessie+1 instead of Jessie?

The only reason I suggested Jessie+1 was because the official call for release
goal deadline was Sept 30, which we've obviously passed.  However, as you and
I discussed off-line, the more modest goal of having only Python 3 in the
minimal install is achievable and probably doesn't require an official release
goal.  So let's JFDI! :)

(Jessie+1 will be a good timeframe to discuss larger Python 2 minimization
goals, even if we know we can't ever completely it.)

-Barry