Re: Disabling pip for root?

Le 20/09/13 10:29, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> It's really not hard to package some Python modules for Python. Having a
> tool that does it automatically - even not very well -, like debpear
> does, can solve this kind of trouble. Giving access to this kind of
> tools to a wide user base can also help solving the "oh, but that module
> isn't available in Debian" kind of problem.

I did my first packages using Effing Package Management (fpm):
 https://github.com/jordansissel/fpm

You give it a source (pypi), a target (deb) and the name of the
resource. Then magic happen and you end up with a .deb.

The generated .deb is installable and works fine for the simplest
packages.  The resulting .deb is not on par with Debian quality though
and you need a bunch of additional work to make it acceptable.

Maybe have a look at fpm and find out how we can get it improved for the
py -> deb case?

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso