PEP 453 affects Debian packaging of Python packages

Howdy all,

Over at the ‘python-dev’ forum, PEP 453 is being discussed. This affects
Debian packaging of Python, and packages written for Python.

See the discussion thread and take the opportunity to represent Debian
<URL:https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2013-September/128723.html>
while this major change to the behaviour of Python packaging is still
being specified.

Note that we don't need a dog-pile; someone with both knowledge and time
to discuss this will find that reasoned arguments work better there. Who
can do this?

--
 \         “I was gratified to be able to answer promptly and I did. I |
  `\       said I didn't know.” —Mark Twain, _Life on the Mississippi_ |