PEP 453 updated (2013-09), affects Debian packaging of Python packages

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Over at the ‘python-dev’ forum, PEP 453 is being discussed. This
> affects Debian packaging of Python, and packages written for Python.

Thanks for discussing this and getting the Debian Python packagers's
position heard.

The PEP has been updated responding to feedback, including ours. See
<URL:http://hg.python.org/peps/log/bdd50f92ee73/pep-0453.txt> for the
changes in VCS, and see the thread discussing the current dreaft at
<URL:https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2013-September/129066.html>.

--
 \           “I have one rule to live by: Don't make it worse.” —Hazel |
  `\                                                          Woodcock |