Re: Request to Join Project Python Modules Packaging Team from Vincent Cheng (vincentc-guest)

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko
<debian@onerussian.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 May 2013, Jakub Wilk wrote:
>> You might want to try run the tests under xvfb. Hopefully that
>> should allow running more of them than currently.
>
> just so it might come handy for others: to enable GLX support under
> Xvfb, here is the line I have suggested to be used (upstream just
> adopted it ;) ) for impressive build time testing:
>
> xvfb-run -s "-screen 0 640x480x24 -ac +extension GLX +render -noreset" COMMAND
>
> seems to work fine (besides on Ubuntu 12.10 for unknown to me yet reason).  It
> seems thought that you would also need build-depends on libgl1-mesa-dri to make
> it work ;)

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to read up on xvfb in my spare time; it
looks to be rather useful and I kinda wish I learned about it earlier.

Regards,
Vincent