Re: Python plans for Jessie?

* Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>, 2013-05-05, 11:34:
Unfortunately, python2.6 has been released with Wheezy as supported version. I think we all agree it should be removed as soon as possible to avoid maintaining a Python major version which is no longer supported upstream. I think this could be done quite soon from now (Release Team should have the final say, as they will probably face a storm of new transitions in the next few days). I volunteer to drive the removal of python2.6 from the archive.

Known bugs:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=debian-python@lists.debian.org;tag=python2.6-removal
I'm pretty sure there are more undiscovered ones.

--
Jakub Wilk