Re: RFR: python-qrcode -- native python module to generate QR codes

Am 15.04.2013 03:15, schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
On 04/14/2013 03:10 AM, Cornelius Kölbel wrote:
Am 13.04.2013 05:46, schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
On 02/21/2013 03:34 PM, Cornelius Kölbel wrote:
Am 21.02.2013 20:42, schrieb Jakub Wilk:
* Cornelius Kölbel <cornelius.koelbel@lsexperts.de>, 2013-02-21, 20:14:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qrcode/qrcode_2.4.2-1.dsc
Great. The mentors site suddenly gives me lintian warnings, that were
not there earlier and that did give the linitan on my debian
experimental. :-(
There's only one lintian warning:

W: qrcode source: debhelper-overrides-need-versioned-build-depends (>=
7.0.50~)

This tag was been retired in Lintian 2.5.11, because stable has a
newer debhelper version, and oldstable is not supported anymore. (I
would have preferred if the tag was made pedantic rather than removed,
but oh well...)

The remaining tags are informative:

I: qrcode source: quilt-patch-missing-description add-man-page
I: python-qrcode: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/qr.1.gz:7
I: python-qrcode: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/qr.1.gz:13
I: python-qrcode: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/qr.1.gz:19

Anyway.
...and again I upload a hopefully again nicer version.
I hope the next package will be less complicated...
I'm interesting in sponsoring this package and uploading it, if no one else
has claimed it.  Cornelius, do you have a git or svn repo for this package
yet?  If not, I can set up a git repo on collab-maint.

.hc

Hello Hans-Christoph,

to my knowledge till now noone has claimed the package.
So I would very much appreciate, if you would sponsor this package.

There is the git repo of the upstream package, which is located here:

https://github.com/lincolnloop/python-qrcode

As part of an internal git I have my addons (Makefile to download, patch
and build the package) in this repository.
So if this should be in a public git, we should move it there, yes, thanks!

There is one thing for me to do:
The upstream was updated to 2.5.1, and I would have to build a new
package from this.

Thanks a lot and kind regards
Cornelius

There is a new style of organizing git repos for packages that have upstream git repos that I want to try.  It allows you to have the upstream history, the tarball/release history, and the debian packaging history all in one repo, all while being easily buildable using git-buildpackage.

http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2013-04/001.html

So if you don't mind, I'd like to merge in the commits from your git into a new repo that I build up.

.hc
Hello Hans-Christoph,

I am fine with that.
I have a Makefile, that downloads the upstream package, quilts it and builds it... ;-)

The code is part of a larger internal git and there are only 4 or 5 changes. So I guess extracting it from the git is not worth the effort.
I could either send you the Makefile and the debian Directory or I can add them to the git.

Kind regards
Cornelius